What is WhatsApp and how it may help your business?
What is WhatsApp and How Does it Work?
What is WhatsApp? Created in January of 2009 and with several significant updates in its past 6 years, WhatsApp has approximately 700 million users who send nearly 30 billion messages every day. Its primary function is to send and receive text messages, pictures, videos, and audio recordings to either a single contact or a special group and it has become and indispensable tool in the social media landscape.
How to work WhatsApp into a marketing strategy for your online store?
It’s clear that the reach of WhatsApp in the mobile environment is strong and constant. So there’s no doubt that it is a communication channel which, if applied correctly, can help build brand and create customer commitment.
Before showing you ways to utilize this app in your marketing plan, sales, and client services, the first thing you should do is gather a mobile number from your clients and, most importantly, get their permission so that you can send out messages. This creates a base of reliable information that you can use at any time.
• Creation of survey groups or focus groups. The term ‘focus group’ is one of the most common phrases used by all marketers and market analysts. It gives you the opportunity to know what the marketing is looking for in your product, making it easier to make decisions with respect to marketing actions. Because of this, it is essential that if you are able to utilize a focus group, that this does not go overlooked. It may be difficult and complicated to gather all of your clients into one room because of their schedules, but WhatApp provides a great alternative.
What you should do is select people of different ages, sexes, and likes. Afterwards, you should ask each individual for permission to add them to the group conversation in WhatsApp. If they accept, we recommend that you create questions based off of each of the members of the group and make smaller groups of no more than 5 people. You can schedule a meeting with them or at that point, create a group in WhatsApp with the name of the activity, so that you can share information about what you will be doing. Once you have your answers, you can take another step….
• Sending discounts and special promotions. Continuing with the theme of focus groups, once you are done you can send the group a significant discount for the products you’ve discussed or for whatever you’d like. This allows the participants to use it at their convenience. It serves as a ‘thank you’ for their time and as a promotional tool so that they buy your products. Independently, you can send general discounts, current promotions, sales, coupons and even liquidation opportunities to your clients. Make sure that every client reads these types of messages and appreciates that you remembered them.
• Customer Service. Customer service is an important point that, as we’ve mentioned, all online stores should take into account. It is important to assure costumers that they can contact you through WhatsApp with any doubt about a sale, during the payment and shipping process, or for follow-up after a sale. Make sure your client knows that this communication channel has a specific schedule or else you’ll get questions at all sorts of inconvenient times.
• Sending new products, news, and announcements. Keeping in mind the consent of the customer, you may program daily, weekly, or bimonthly notifications via WhatsApp. This ensures that the client stays updated with the latest of your ecommerce, hopefully growing interest in a product or creating a successful sale.
• Following requests. Although customer services is important during a sale, it is important to note that the fact that WhatsApp allows your clients to be involved in the buying process isn’t a crazy idea. From the moment that a sale is made, you can give them continual information about the shipment of their product, monitoring and informing the client about its status and the date of arrival, and asking for immediate feedback about the process.
What is WhatsApp, the Best Mass Texting Service in the World!
Some of the basic recommendations for using WhatsApp for your business are:
• Change the name of your WhatsApp to the name of your online store.
• Put the logo of your brand or store as your profile picture.
• In your profile status, include whether or not you are available. You can also include your hours of service.
• Try to use language that fits with each client. Some are less comfortable when you are overly formal and vice versa.
Because of this, it is essential that you know your clients.
• If the reply is too long, try to send a text message instead or include a voice recording that explains what you need in more details.
• Document the interest of your clients on an individual basis so that you can send discount coupons
Now we’ll show you an excellent example of how one brand has used WhatsApp in their marketing strategies:
Toyota España, with the help of Medialabs, developed an online marketing campaign whose main focus was WhatsApp. The objective was to get the users of the app to not just put ‘available’ or ‘at the theater’ in their statuses but to include ‘Hybridized’ with the chance to sign-up in the official page afterwards and the opportunity to be entered in an monthly iPhone 5 drawing. With this campaign, they were able to generate a base of information for clients that were interested in the brand. In this way, they were able to send personalized messages to the clients. The winner would be contacted through WhatsApp and by email.
As you now know, if you have a Smartphone in your power with a connection to the internet and WhatsApp, it’s time to use it for more than just chatting with friends. Get the maximum benefit and let us know how it goes.
Also check: Mass Text Messaging Service : Your Benefits